Monday, October 31, 2016

BAREMINERALS: OCTOBER 2016 MYSTERY BOX REVEAL




BareMinerals releases these generous mystery boxes about every 3-4 months. This is a fun way for them to clear out inventory and pass along a great clearance deal to customers. You will notice, many items in these surprise collections are either discontinued of pieces from limited edition sets. In case you are wondering what kinds of goodies you can get, I want to share with you the contents of my most recent October 2016 box.

This box was $35 and was to contain 12 items with an estimated $193 value (WOW!)


I received:

Ready Bronzer: High Dive (full-size) value: $25
(Yes, this pale girl can always use a bronzer.)

Correct Conceal: Medium 2 (mini .04 oz.) (full size is .07 $21) value: $10
(NOT my color at all but I will try it as a shadow primer.)

Lash Domination Mascara (sample size1.5 ml) value: $2.50
(If you can actually get any product out of the tube)

Eyecolor: Cultured Pearl (full-size) value: $15
(pretty, shimmery light pink/ champagne color. Very universal)

Eyecolor: Sex Kitten (full-size) value: $15
(Beautiful dark brownish-burgundy)

Lasting Line eyeliner: Enduring Espresso (full-size) value: $17
(I HEART Bare Minerals eyeliners so this is great)

Lasting Line eyeliner: Absolute Black (full-size) value: $17
(Again, love! A nice black eyeliner is a plus)



Marvelous Moxie lipgloss: Party Starter (full-size) value: $18
(This is a bright coral shade. If it is sheer, I can probably work with it.)

Marvelous Moxie Lipstick: Get Ready (full-size) value: $18
(I already own this lipstick in a mini and I LOVE it. So excited to get a full-size one.)

Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm: Plumberry Pop (full-size) value: $16
(gorgeous lippie for fall. Can't wait to try it)

Double-ended brush value: MAYBE $5
(I would feel ripped off paying even that much for this teeny tiny brush)

Cosmetics bag with 2 organizer bags Estimated value: MAYBE $20
(Awesome bag for travel. I love that it has 2 smaller see-through pouches that fit inside)

MY estimated value: $178.50

Can we just talk about this makeup bag for a minute? I love it! It is one of my favorite things in this box. I love that it has space for brushes and a cover to keep them protected. I also love that it came with two see-through pouches that fit right inside. This will definitely get some use when I travel.

This mystery collection is definitely a great deal. Since I decide which boxes to purchase based on their retail value (since that is ALL I have to go by), the one thing I would call a negative is the inflated $193 estimated value. Had there been another eyeshadow, lipgloss, SOMETHING in the box, it would have been valued as they said. For that reason, I don't feel like I got what was advertised. Still happy with the box overall but will maybe exercise a bit of caution when believing their advertising in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment